Monday, January 28, 2019

This is a wonderful historic look at the
greatest spectacle in motorsports, for the year 1987. There are so many great names...but at 10:22 a rookie is introduced driving an AJ Foyt-prepared car that qualified 10th.

That rookie was Davy Jones, a young racer who would have quite a history including a top podium at Le Mans.

Fast Forward to 1999 or 2000 and Champ Car races in Downtown Houston

I met a man who was partner with Davy in a new indoor karting enterprise to be called Davy Jones' Kart Zone. I took the flyer and found the facility and began racing karts.

I've never been the same since lol

Reminds me of the evolution too:
Davy Jones Kart Zone
Track 21
MSR Angleton
K-1 Speed
SpeedSportZ

My own evolution can be traced to GCKI



https://youtu.be/6ejxG275diA

Thanks, Davy!




-katykarter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home