Sunday, March 18, 2007

Kart Roadrace Debut this Week

The Birel is getting very close to race ready. It's Sunday after a rare weekend off, exept Friday night, and there are only two things left to iron out before loading up Thursday night.

Friday, March 23 will be practice day for anyone who wants to, Texas World Speedway opens the track to all competitors for open practice and it will be my first time back in the seat in almost 24 months. I have put on weight, although I have worked hard to bring it back down. My results are not eye-popping. Up from a previous weight of 185 to over 200 at times, I must realize I've increased mass as well as some flab. I think though, that to lose over 10 - 15 pounds will be an incredible feat. I'll be satisfied at 190-195 if there are enough entrants in the Yamaha Heavy. The rest of the team will compete in Yamaha Light, a difference of 40 lbs. which I would be giving away. We'll see how the Heavy class is populated.

Frank and Colin are busy putting together the team's karts: Colin, Oscar and one other I think will run. We'll be ratio scaling the karts this coming week in preparation of the loading on Thursday night.

Talk to you soon.


Katykarter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home