Friday, October 21, 2005

Champ Car, Lousy computers and the World Series

I know I mentioned it last, but the first thing in my mind this night, Friday, October 21 is the Houston Astros. Our boys of summer finally made it to the fall classic.

Houston has been in the Major Leagues for 44 years. We've had only several close calls with the 'Series, once in 1980, '86 then again in 2004, we came within one game of winning the pennant and going to the World Series. So this year we finally got it right and we'll go against the Chicago White Sox, another team without a pennant for about 50 years, although their team did once upon a time, win a World Series, in 1917, Several years later, "Shoeless" Joe Jackson and the "black sox" fell to scandal, accused of betting against themselves and throwing the 'Series.

We are euphoric tonight and this week: the Series starts tomorrow night.
GO ASTROS!!!

This blog has been in large part, a way for me to forward to you what I think is important in the world's racing scene and my own experiences. I can not provide pictures now, though and it brings the quality of this page back a notch. Apparently my computer, heavily laden with spyware as it is, is unable to download my pics and post them on my page. Not being a computer scholar, I'm largely in the dark as to the why's of this situation, and if any reader might have advice and post a comment I would be sorely grateful. Anyway, no pic's for a while. I'm working on getting a new computer soon.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home